Love Letters to the Future, a Xenophile Media initiative supported by Greenpeace, was born during the outpouring of efforts to get the world to pay heed to global warming talks in Copenhagen last December. People from all over the world were requested to upload a picture or a video or a text message addressed to their grand grandchildren. The best 100 letters as voted on by the public would be sealed in a time capsule, to be reopened in the year 2109. But to those who knew how to look, there was something more hidden behind that pretty face. After submissions started rushing in, the website turned into an Alternate Reality Game (ARG), and further engaged users in unlocking videos coming from the future, finding clues and solving riddles.
Eastline Marketing was approached by Xenophile Media in Canada, and collaborated with HiRes! in the UK to plan, market and spread this green initiative online, in a matter of a month and with a limited budget for a global reach.
- Raise consciousness about the environment and the global warming
- Convert as many non green supporters to help spread the message
- Recruit as many people from all over the world to post a letter
- Recruit as many people from all over the world to vote for the best submitted letters
- Promote the ARG and get the maximum number of users to participate in unlocking video